F Leeds: Marcelo Bielsa says he watches all opponents train - news everytime

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Leeds: Marcelo Bielsa says he watches all opponents train


Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa has sent a member of staff to watch every team they have played this season train.

Bielsa, 63, called an unscheduled news conference on Wednesday as the Football Association and English Football League investigate the 'spy' saga.

Before Friday's Championship win over Derby, the ex-Argentina manager said he sent someone to watch the Rams train.

"I observed all the rivals we played against and watched the training sessions of all opponents," he said.

"All the information I need to clarify, I gather it without watching the training session of the opponent, so why did I send someone to watch them? Just because I thought I wasn't violating the norm. I gathered information that I can obtain in another way.

"We feel guilty if we don't work enough. It [watching the opponents train] allows us to have less anxiety and in my case I am stupid enough to allow this kind of behaviour."

The Argentine said what he has done is "not illegal" but accepted that he will have to "respect the sanctions" that the FA or EFL may bring against him or Championship leaders Leeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment